Thursday, January 24, 2013

"Dear Summer" A LOOK BACK INTO MY SUMMER LOVE AFFAIR.... WITH NIKE!



  



As a kid growing up in brooklyn in the early 90's, I used to love going to the local sneaker spots and getting a pair of sneakers that I wanted, and I didn't have to wait on long lines like the kids now a days. I remember hearing about a "Hot" pair of sneakers in Highschool and going to Downtown Brooklyn or Jamaica Ave. to cop a pair of kicks. It was a simple thing that I miss most about my childhood. Now a days, I buy whatever I could could get my hands on, and if it's affordable??? Lol!  I try to keep it simple and not go too overboard, because I am not as young as I used to be, so wearing certain kicks as a kid, doesn't sit well with me as an adult today. But hey! If i could get a pair of sneakers that I used to won back in the days, then by all means I will search for them and possibly buy them if they are within my budget. But overall I still love the sneaker game for what it meant to me in the past and not what it stands for today. The game it isn't the same thou, limited quanities, lack of quality and high prices for today's sneaker have almost ruined today's game. But what can you do? I guess deal with is the real answer in my eyes....

But no matter what happens tomorrow, I will still love this game for what it stood for yesterday when my favorite atheletes like (Jordan, Ewing, Jackson, Hardaway, Mattingly, Sanders) and many other pro stars who donned famous footwear meant something to me back in the days. It's hard not to see atheletes now in the same light as yesterday's pro's, because all I see is "Greed". Don't get me wrong! I know there was greed back in the days, but it's is worst now! I wish I could close my eyes and go back and re-live those glory years of yesterday, but since I can't I will always have love for the only thing that kept me there since the very begining which is my love for my sneakers!

P.S. Summer - I Love You! lol

source: nike/jordan/urbanmessmagazine

No comments:

Post a Comment