Thursday, May 24, 2012

" RESPECT FOR THE ANSWER! "


ALLEN IVERSON MAKES AN EMOTIONAL RETURN TO PHILLY FOR GAME 6!

Allen Iverson presented the Game Ball at the Celtics-Sixers Game 6 Showdown and  received a heartfelt ovation from the fans. Maybe some good ol’ AI Magic rubbed off, as the Sixers won and forced a Game 7 with the Celtics. Iverson cupped his hand to his ear and received the loudest ovation of the night. He watched the game from a suite and his eyes watered up when he was shown later in the game on the big screen as the crowd, thousands wearing a No. 3 jersey, went wild and chanted, ”MVP!” Iverson posted on Twitter, ”You can always come home again!!!”

A more revealing moment came during a second-quarter interview with Lisa Salters on ESPN’s telecast.
Asked if he was retired, Iverson told Salters:“I’m not using that word. I wanna play basketball so bad. The way it is right now, I’ve accepted the fact [the NBA] may not happen, but I still want to play basketball. If I can get an opportunity to where it’s gonna make me happy at the end of my career, I’ll take that opportunity.”

source: alleniversonlive.com

No comments:

Post a Comment