Friday, September 28, 2012

"OPENING CEREMONY" JAY-Z WILL DEBUT HISTORIC CONCERT TONIGHT SEPT 28, 2012 @ THE BRAND NEW BARCLAYS CENTER ARENA IN BROOKLYN, NY!







After years of planning, controversy and construction, the new Barclays Center makes its debut tonight. Thousands of fans will stream into the arena as Brooklyn native and Nets' part owner Jay-Z opens the arena with a sold-out concert.Tickets for the show are a hot commodity with floor seats commanding more than $600 on the secondary market. Jay-Z celebrated ahead of the concert with the grand opening of his 40/40 club inside Barclays. The rapper says he's excited about what the arena means for Brooklyn. "You know I've just seen everyone busy and trying to clean up and I just got this great feeling. The guy stopped me in the hallway and he was like, 'Man this is a great thing for New York City.' And that's what the whole thing was about," Jay-Z said. "It's been a transition. You know I've been here, I think seven or eight times and I haven't been here since it's been completely finished. So, it's my first time seeing the finished deal but you know I'm definitely excited," said Brooklyn Nets Guard Deron Williams. Tonight's concert is the first of eight shows Jay-Z will perform at Barclays. Concert-goers are being urged to take mass transit to the show, using either the subway or the Long Island Rail Road. The Nets will play their first game at the arena on October 15.

If concert goers expecting surprise performances, take another guess! In an interview with Rolling Stone Magazine's Jeff Rosenthal, (reigning member of our Digital Power 30) Jay-Z vetoed any rumors of special guests for his 8 date concert series at the Barclays Center.

No one's appearing, no one's performing. It's Brooklyn! This is my one chance to be selfish. Can't I? Can't I be selfish? Thank you. Just for these eight shows – then I'll get back to my "Jay-Z and Friends" shows. I get all of these guys to come out for me, so . . .

Tonight is the grand opening for the new arena for the Brooklyn Nets. If you have you're tickets don't expect surprises, expect a damn good show though

source: jay-z/thesource/ny1/urbanmessmag

No comments:

Post a Comment