Thursday, August 30, 2012

"KINGS OF KINGS" RUN-D.M.C. & JAM MASTER JAY PAVING THE WAY







"1984 HOLLIS QUEENS, NY"

NYC had just given birth to this new music called rap. Now let me explain to you that Rap music isn’t a culture! Rap is a buisness in the form of music and Hip Hop is the culture that gave birth to it. I was only 8 years old when I heard Run-DMC’s “Rock Box” and “The King of Rock”. Now I’ve heard plenty of Run-DMC songs but these 2 particular songs was one that made such an impact of my love for hip-music at  my young age. For me, I noticed I had such an infatuation towards this  new hip-hop music and these songs did it for me!. Now back then we didn’t have the internet  as we do now to look up favorite song as we do now, we had to only rely on the radio such as WBLS and KISS FM in NYC which were the only 2 radio stations that only played RUN-DMC’s music befor Hot 97 was even thought of. Now I’m talking about way before BET/MTV even decided to play music vidoes we had the radio which played a big role in making Hip-Hop what it is today. Run-DMC  (Joseph ‘RUN’ Simmons, Dharyl (DMC) McDaniels, and Jason (Jam Master Jay) Mizell which was three friends from Hollis Queens, NY ( and they were one of Hip_Hop pioneers that  gave the rap game swagger with Dookey Rope Chains, Lee Jeans, Cazal glasses, Black leather blazer jackets, Kangol Hats and of course Adidas sneakers which  made them the 1st rap group to ever produce a song for their love of  favorite sneakers, which was on the most noticeable traits of their group identity. I just wanted to just shout out one of the greatest rap duo’s ever to bless the rap game with their great hip hop music Queen’s own Run-DMC  for paving the way for hip hop music today!

~ Songs are played for a minimum of minutes, but the impact of the song will last forever! ~ 

source:morrisonhotelgallery/rundmc/urbanmessmagazine

No comments:

Post a Comment